Settle Abroad With Your Family
Countries across the globe have created attractive permanent residency programs for entrepreneurs, businesspersons and HNIs. With a favourable immigration climate now is a great time for you to explore your options of settling abroad with your family and setting up business operations. Cross Immigration can help you identify the right residency option based on your preferences and future plans.
Many countries offer an Investment or Business Visa to encourage immigrants who have proven experience in running a business and are interested in establishing a business overseas or invest in another country. They could be interested in opening either a new business venture or buying an existing business located overseas.
Australia and Canada have an Immigrant Investor Program which offers migrants the option of having an alternate residency status while continuing to manage already existing businesses in their home country.
These investor programs seek to attract potential overseas investors who have enough personal net worth and managerial experience.
Every country that offers an investment program has its own set of requirements and eligibility criteria. Talk to Cross Immigration today for more information.
Benefits Of Settling Abroad As An Entrepreneur
The permanent residency programs for investors and entrepreneurs are typically designed to offer individual as well as business benefits. The best such immigration programs offer benefits like:
- Access to high standard of living
- Access to healthcare and education
- Settle with your dependants
- Access to international opportunities
- Favourable investment policies (varies by country)
- Travel benefits allowing you to conduct business globally
- Fast track to citizenship
Eligibility For Entrepreneurs & Investors
Different countries have different criteria to assess applicant eligibility. Broadly, the assessment criteria are:
- Availability of funds to invest overseas
- Prior business profile
- Proficiency in English or local languages
- Business credentials & banking history
- Health & conduct evaluation
Cross Immigration helps investors and entrepreneurs take the right decisions with our comprehensive immigration solutions. We analyse your profile and suggest the best solution that meets your personal and business goals.
- Qualified Advice – Our Entrepreneur Advisory Report that advises you on your options.
- Reputed Brand – Cross Immigration has the financial & institutional credibility to advise you on investments.
- Dedicated Support – An experienced Cross Immigration Investor Visa expert will assist you at every step of the process.
Startup visa program
Under Canada’s startup visa program, candidates can come to Canada on a work permit which is sponsored by their Canada based investor and then apply for a PR visa once their business is established in the country.
This program encourages immigrant entrepreneurs to develop their startups in Canada. Successful applicants can tie-up with private sector investors in Canada to receive help on funding and guidance on running their business. The three types of private sector investors they can approach are:
- Venture capital fund
- Business incubator
- Angel investor
Eligibility requirements for visa applicants are:
- Have proof that the business has the required support from a designated entity in the form of a Commitment Certificate and Letter of Support
- Have a qualifying business
- Have the required proficiency in English or French
- Have completed at least one year of post-secondary education
- Have enough funds to settle in Canada and support dependent family members
- Must clear the medical tests and security requirements
Australia’s Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa
The Entrepreneur stream in this visa category allows you to own and manage a business in Australia or conduct a business or investment activity entrepreneurial activity in Australia.
- Have a proposal for entrepreneurial activity in Australia
- Have at least AUD200,000 funding agreement to undertake business in Australia
- Have a business plan for a startup
- Have competent skills in the English language
The provisional visa program has seven categories:
- Business Innovation Stream- This provisional visa allows you to operate a new or existing business in Australia. You must be nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency or Austrade.
- Investor stream- For this you will require at least AUD 1.5 million in an Australian state or territory and maintain your business and investment activity in Australia.
- Significant investor stream- People willing to invest at least AUD 5 million in Australian investments can apply for this visa. They must be nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency or Austrade.
- Business innovation extension stream- With this visa holders of the Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa can extend their stay in Australia for 2 more years. For this extension applicants must have had Business Innovation stream visa for at least 3 years and must be nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency or Austrade.
- Significant investor extension stream- With this visa holders of the Significant Investor stream can extend their stay in Australia for up to 4 more years. For this extension applicants must have had Significant Investor stream for at least 3 years and must be nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency or Austrade.
- Premium Investor stream-This visa requires nomination by Austrade and an investment of at least AUD 15 million in Australian enterprises or in philanthropic contribution.
- Entrepreneur stream-With this visa you can carry out entrepreneurial activities in Australia.
Steps to apply for a provisional business visa
- You must submit an expression of interest through the Department of home affairs
- Wait for a nomination from a state or territory or from Austrade by waiting for an intimation from them or you can contact them directly
- Once you receive an invitation you can apply for a visa
The business of the visa holder must do any one of the following activities
- Build business links with international markets
- Generate employment in Australia
- Use Australian goods and services
- Produce goods or provide services that would alternatively have to be imported
- Create new and improved technology
Path to PR visa
The Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa, also known as Subclass 188, can help you gain permanent residency in the United States. If you have been on a Subclass 188 visa for at least one year and meet the financial conditions, you can apply for your PR visa. Aside from that, you’ll have to show that you have a long-term commercial interest by making frequent investments and hiring local staff.
Advantages of the visa
- You can stay in Australia permanently
- You can promote your business and investment activity in Australia
- You can apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
Australia Golden Visa
This visa was introduced in 2012. With this visa High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI) can get a PR visa to Australia through investment immigration. Applicants must be willing to invest AUD 5 million in a specific structure to qualify for this visa. Although the investment is high, it is regulated and restricted.